Saturday, September 28, 2013

MEMES VERSUS JOE, JOE VERSUS A FOX

SO this evening I was walking from my car back across the lawn to my parents' house (I still technically live there and I had stuff to do so I don't feel bad about it college is dumb anyways let's just try not to use any commas here) and I noticed that there was a small mammal, about small-dog sized, standing behind my car. I thought "huh, I think that's a fox. That's weird. Hopefully it doesn't follow me."

It followed me.

So I walked. It continued to walk with me. I kept looking back at it and it met eyes with me each time. After a few seconds it began to run at me. I don't know if it was really hostile but it still increased its speed and approached me. I thought "Oh... Shit this isn't supposed to happen" Also, I should probably detail what was in my possession at that point:
-Plastic bag containing three paperback novels
-Plastic music flip-folder for marching band
-Alto Trombone (King Brand) in case.

The trombone was in pretty awful shape anyway, 8 years old by this point, so I threw it. Rather, I dropped it in the fox's general direction. I had no intention to hit the fox (and I didn't) but it was scared away.

So why does any of that matter? It probably doesn't to anyone but me and my immediate loved ones but holy shit I mean that was like the closest I ever got to death probably I COULD HAVE DIED ON MY DRIVEWAY I MEAN REALLY.
ACTUALLY THAT WOULD BE WEIRD AS HELL

But anyway, the most important thing here is that the animal in question was, indeed, a fox.
SO ENTER DAD
QUOTE: "JOE WHAT DID THIS FOX SAY?"
"uh, it just kinda ran at me it didn't say anything"
"It didn't say *string of noises*"
"uh"

Ladies and gentlemen... I had been Meme'd.
As a previous post on this great and historic blog shows, I was once a king of the meme. The memes came into light and I knew, Joe Bush fucking knew when some shit was memetic as hell and deserved to be reposted and e-mailed to my friends across this world wide web. But that was 2008. Bush was in the white house and I was 13 or something I think. It's now 2013, Obama's in the white house, I'm not even in my house anymore, I'm 18, and foxes have it out for me.

But someone brought up "What Did The Fox Say" to me earlier in the week and it had been something that I only knew by name but had never actually seen in video form and it's really exhilarating, like for those few weeks back in 2010 when I hadn't heard the Black Eyed Peas' "I gotta feeling" while everyone was talking about it.

Also legitimately when I struggled to open my door I stammered "shit, do a barrel roll I guess fox" which would have been awesome back in 2008 let me tell you.
For comparison, this was also awesome back in 2008:

No comments: